Greetings! I am the subject librarian for two departments on the University of Akron campus: Communication and Modern Languages.
What does that mean?
- I collaborate with faculty to create meaningful library instruction
- I help students and faculty locate information resources
- I keep students and faculty informed about new resources, services, and events in Bierce Library
What do I do all day?
- I assist anyone in Bierce Library with their research and assignments
- I teach classes about library resources and effective research
- I work with a great team of colleagues across campus to support student learning
- I keep up with what's going on in academic libraries around the country
- I attend workshops and seminars to further my professional knowledge and skills
What I don't do:
- Look up answers to your exam questions
- Find sources for your papers (but I help YOU find them)
- Proofread your papers