Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get EndNote Basic
Get EndNote Basic Free!
Link for the free online version of EndNote. This does not have all the features that the full version of EndNote has.
The free version lacks the sophisticated features of the full (desktop) version of EndNote. The free version is easy to use and is available on any computer with web access.
About EndNote Basic
EndNote Basic is the free We version of EndNote. It is not as sophisticated as the desktop version of EndNote, but it is free and available on any computer that has internet access. EndNote basic is most useful for:
Collecting and organizing references:
- Import references from databases and online catalogs, and capture bibliographic information from websites.
- Create groups for reference organization
- Share groups with other EndNote users
- Choose the level of access colleagues and collaborators have to your shared groups
Inserting citations into documents and creating bibliographies:
- Insert citations and automatically create bibliographies
- There are a limited number of bibliographic styles available
- You can also create independent bibliographies for reports, grants, CVs, etc.
Works on any computer with internet access: EndNote Basic is web-based, which means you can access your account from any computer that has internet access.