Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Started with Zotero
Zotero is free to everyone.
Zotero Help & Instructions
Zotero is a program that works best with either Firefox or Chrome browsers. Zotero is most useful for:
Collecting and organizing different types of references:
- Websites, audio, video, etc.
- Create citations for websites, and capture a screenshot
- Assign tags to references
- Multiple options for creating groups
Inserting citations and creating bibliographies:
- Plugins allow you to insert citations and also create bibliographies in documents.
- You can create bibliographies for reports, grants, CVs, etc.
- The "Quick Drop" feature allows you to drag and drop references into any test field.
- Standard citation styles available (such as APA and MLA), and many more available for download.
Working on any computer:
- Syncing will allow you to access your Zotero library from any computer with internet access.