Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The University of Akron Wayne College Library
Creating a New Collection
Try these steps, based on library collection development practices, to create a new classroom collection:
Set parameters and criteria for what will be included and excluded
- Publication dates
- Reading level / target ages
Review and preview items
- Locate reviews and determine quality
- If possible, get your hands on the item and examine
- Where else can students find this item? Is it already available in the school library?
- How will the students be accessing the items?
- Consider: reading level, format, subject area, author, categories (ABC books, picture books, chapter books, genres, etc.)
Chat with Us!
Chat service is available during normal hours of operation.
Get the Chat App:
Download the Ask a Librarian Mobile App on your mobile devices. Search for "UA Wayne College Library" to chat with us.
Were we unavailable when you needed us?
Did you need help from the UA Wayne College Library staff and we were either closed or unavailable? Sorry we missed you! Please complete this form to let us know what you needed so we can improve our services (including hours of operation).
The Info Squad @ UA Wayne College Library