Skip to Main Content
Research Dos and Don'ts for Capstone Papers
- DO find proper LEGAL SUPPORT for your paper. Legal support can come from:
- Law review articles and other legal secondary sources
- Primary sources of law: Cases, statutes, regulations, constitutions.
- Statements of policy, such as government manuals and memos
- DO cite to reliable sources such as law review articles, primary sources of law, legal treatises, etc. DON'T cite to Wikipedia or other web sources of questionable reliability. Use Wikipedia as a starting point only.
- DO look at reliable websites, such as those linked in the library's research guides.