Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Public Health Research Guide!
I am Marilia Antúnez, librarian for biology and health sciences programs. Please contact me if you need advice/training on using Library resources to support your study, teaching or research. Best wishes in your studies,
From Problem to Prevention: Evidence Based Public Health
GRATIS! Webinar from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine: Objectives
- Define and describe evidence-based public health
- Identify a public health need and formulate an answerable question
- Locate and search applicable literature and resources
- Understand the importance of evaluation and locate helpful resources
Writing Assistance (on-campus and distance students)
Want to Access Electronic Resources Off-Campus?
Be sure to use the UA Libraries Catalog or Web site to use the proxy server. Go to a definition of a proxy server. opens new window You will be prompted for your UANet ID and password from The University of Akron Login screen. Most of the time you will be prompted one time per browser session.
If you go to the URL of the resource directly, you will bypass the proxy server.
Some resources like SciFinder will require another user id and password, but most don't. Often when you are prompted by anything besides The University of Akron Login screen, either
- you did not go through or were somehow dropped by the proxy server or
- we do not have access to the particular item, such as an article from a year of a journal that is not part of our subscription. Check the Publication Finder to verify dates that we subscribe.