Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Virtual Introduction from SSWE Librarian
Welcome! I am Marilia Antúnez, the Librarian for the School of Sport Science and Wellness Education. Please contact me if you need advice/training on using Library resources to support your study, teaching, or research. Best wishes in your studies!
If I am not available, please call (330) 972-5355, or contact us at http://www.uakron.edu/libraries/about/contact.dot
For immediate assistance, please contact us at:
How to Connect FROM OFF-CAMPUS
Make sure you are logged in to ensure you have access to the UA Libraries e-resources (databases, e-journals, etc.).
====How to Get Access to e-Resources from Off-Campus ====
Use your UAnetID (username) and password. Remember, you will use the exact same username and login as you use to login to Springboard and to on-campus computers.
1. <<Click here for the remote access login>>
2. After logging in, a listing of e-resources at UA Libraries will appear. Recommended: Access PubMed and Google Scholar from the UA Libraries website for more full-text options.
3. Click the link of the e-resource/database you want to start searching.
Common Troubleshooting Solutions
- If you are trying to download an article, check the E-JOURNALS page to verify dates that we subscribe. Search this page for electronic journals and conference proceedings.
- Add the UA Library proxy URL (http://ezproxy.uakron.edu:2048/login?url=) to access resources remotely.
To do this, get the link of a library resource (article, journal, database, etc.), and follow these steps:
1. Copy the full URL of the library resource and paste into a browser address window (URL#1)
2. Highlight and copy the following string: http://ezproxy.uakron.edu:2048/login?url= (URL#2)
3. Paste URL#2 IN FRONT OF the URL#1. The resulting URL should look something like this:
4. You will be prompted to enter your UAnetID username and password.
Subjects:Allied Health Technology
, Child Life
, Nutrition & Dietetics
, Public Health
, Social Work
, Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology
, Sport Science & Wellness Education
Report A Problem
The Bierce Library
The Science & Technology Library
You may use either link below to report problems accessing the electronic resources.
Report Any Problems with a Resource