These online tools contain a variety of company information. Explore several of these sources to compile a complete picture of your company.
Use these databases to access company and industry information in business journals, trade publications, magazines, major newspapers, and reports.
To access a brief company profile use Business Source Complete. Click on "Company Information" on the top navigation bar, enter a company name, find your company in the result list.
Private company information is difficult to locate and usually requires multiple methods and sources. Unlike public companies, private companies are not required to file with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), so the information found in those documents is not usually available for private companies.
Financial Ratios can be found in Factiva by opening the "Companies/Markets" drop down menu from the navigation bar at the top of any Factiva page
1. Follow the "Company" link.
2. Enter your company name in the Smart Lookup search box. The company report will display.
3. Select "Financial Results" from the list of links on the left side of the page. The Financial Results page will display.
4. Click on the arrow in the "Statement Type" search box and select "Key Ratios" from the drop down list.
5. Click "Go". A list of ratios will display!