To get today's prices, you really have to call a supplier, or pay for the ICIS price reports. But the method below will get you pricing outlooks published in ICIS Chemical Business in the last three months.
- Log into
a business and news database, using this link or the UA catalog.
- On the search screen, select Source and type ICIS in the textbox. Select ICIS Chemical Business from the dropdown.
- In the textbox box to enter search terms, type the name of your chemical followed by "AND uses AND pric* AND outlook". Capitalizing AND is important. Using benzene as an example gives the search string:
- benzene AND uses AND pric* AND outlook
- Select the Date to be in the last 3 months, then select the search button.
- Pricing information is usually embedded in the article.