1. Copy the full URL of the library resource and paste into a browser address window (URL#1)
2. Highlight and copy the following string: https://login.ezproxy.uakron.edu:2443/login?url= (URL#2)
3. Paste URL#2 IN FRONT OF the URL#1. The resulting URL should look something like this:
4. You will be prompted to enter your UAnetID username and password.
ASHA Periodicals at UA [On-campus or VPN use only]:
Some Tools to Improve Papers:
One definitive way to determine if a journal is peer-reviewed is when this is acknowledged in the journal itself. For example, frequently include instruction for authors will use the phrase "peer reviewed." Others will say that manuscripts are sent for blind review, reviewed by a committee, or anonymously reviewed. Therefore, it is worthwhile to visit the journal publisher's official website and review the journal's review process and journal description/scope.
There are other ways to identify a peer-reviewed journal. Below are some tools to help us identify whether a journal is peer-reviewed:
2) Research Databases: Some databases allow users to limit a search to peer-reviewed journals. For example, CINAHL allows users to limit a search to peer-reviewed journals and indicates that an article is peer reviewed in the Journal Subset field, when appropriate. Note: Scholarly articles is the umbrella term for academic articles. All peer-reviewed articles are scholarly/academic journals but not all scholarly/academic journals are peer-reviewed. Authors of peer-reviewed articles go to a more rigorous process of evaluation than when writing in non-peer reviewed journals.